Gear hobbing is one of the key processes in gear manufacturing. In this process, a gear tooth is manufactured by the repetitive and combined motions of a cutting tool and a workpiece. During the process, both the hob cutter, as well as the workpiece will continuously rotate in a synchronized motion. At Motor & Gear Engineering, Inc., we are equipped with advanced hob cutting equipment, which enables us to meet the diverse complex requirements of our clients.
Gear Hobbing Capabilities of Motor and Gear Engineering
Over the years, we have invested in various gear hobbing technologies and techniques, which allow us to serve our clients better. The following capabilities have helped us become one of the most trusted gear hobbing services in the US.
- Types of Gears: We regularly hob the following types of gears:
- Spur Gear
- Bevel Gear
- Rack and Pinion Gear
- Helical Gear
- Worm Gear
- Materials: The following are a few materials handled at our facility.
- Hot and Cold Rolled Steel Grades: 12L14,1000, 1018, 1045, 1035, 1100, 1118, 1144, 1117, 1141, 1200, 1215,8600, 8620
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel: 303, 304, ETD 150
- Applications: At Motor and Gear Engineering, the experts perform gear hobbing for the following applications:
- Cooling Towers
- Secondary Operations: We can perform the following secondary operations
- Spline Rolling
- Centerless Grinding
- Standard Bar Length: 12″
- Dimensional Tolerance: 0.200 “
- Thickness of Material : Rounds from 3/8″ to 2-1/32″; Hexagons from 3/4″ to 1-3/4″
- Acceptable File Formats: We accept the drawings in the following file formats:
- Industries Served: We regularly work with the clients in the following industries:
- Lawn & Garden
A well-equipped machine shop facility combined with a vast industry experience allows us to provide cost-effective gear hobbing services to clients who are seeking precision gears and shafts. For more details, please contact us at the earliest.